Sunday, April 29, 2007

High Button Shoes

This has kept me busy all week. It’s incredible fun though – being a part of the excitement and nerves; I’ve been bitten by the “theater-bug” (as she calls it).

There are drawbacks, however. Endless renditions of “He Tried to Make a Dollar” and “Nobody Ever Died for Dear Old Rutgur” have been looping in my head (further reinforced by the two actors and pianist I live with). I dream of what props need to be on stage during what scene. And the midnight to one a.m. bedtime is taking its toll.

It’s all worth it though =) When peeking out to the audience opening night to find a packed house (around 600 people she said) a crazy sort of adrenaline kicks in. Your mind goes into overdrive – “okay, does the main character have his valise, is the sign on stage for the opening scene, where is the beach ball – it was here last night, oh yeah – I need to move the vase of flowers so they do not get knocked over…”

And when things get hectic backstage, there is a comfort in knowing all the props are in their designated places… well, most of the time =) Still, opening night was great and tonight will prove to be as well. It’s a shame all that time and work only last two performances.

Well – hats off to the cast and crew – have a great time again tonight.

2 comments:

thisrequiresthought said...

the only cure for the bite of the theater-bug is found in the next show...whenever THAT will happen!

nicole said...

member when you would proofe read my blogs? I'm funnier when you're around. Please dont' coorecte mee. its better this waye.